Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Truly Blessed

'Ello again,

I want to apologize right away for those of you who are actually following, and I am apologizing if my posts aren't as cool or as interesting as you want. Anyways, that is that...

Ok, where do I even begin? I am truly so blessed. A few days back I finally acknowledged some things I was struggling with. I was going through some culture shock, I missed everyone super badly, and I didn't ever feel like I was getting good rest. I felt tense, and all uptight. So, I spent some time with the L-rd and He set me straight pretty quickly.

I got to start my regular routine of things this week. And, it truly seems like things are already going faster. Each day is a bit different. But, there are a few things that I am really excited for. One day a week I get to go to a school out here and teach music class. I get the super fun, and extremely crazy/stressful job of teaching 14 young boys how to play the drums...at the same time. And, there are two girls that I will be helping with piano. It is really fun to be able to use what the L-rd has alotted me and try and impart it for other people.

But there is one thing that I am most excited for. It is a group of 8 students. All of these children grew up in a very poor village, and they still live there. They literally live in pipes. Concrete pipes. But, I have the honor of visiting their families a couple times a week, and getting to tutor them at least four times a week. I see G-d in these children. I really do. And, every day after tutoring I get to walk hand in hand with these beautiful children down the roads of India to their bus stop. Eight Indian children and one goofy white guy.

Dorothy Day once said, "The true atheist is the one who can deny the face of G-d in the least of these." I completely agree with her. Cause when I look into these childrens eyes I see a little bit of hope. A hope that when they were born they did not have, and that hope is found in our Creator.

I find that the more I do, the more uncomfortable I am, and the more I put myself out there, the more I end up depending up Him. Paul talks in Scripture about boasting about our weaknesses cause then people see G-d. I think I am beginning to understand that. I am glad I am weak. Cause in my weaknesses, He meets me there, and people then see Him and not me.

Well, thats enough rambling for now...I will have more pictures soon!

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so cool! I wish I could just see you walking down the street, "a bunch of Indian kids and a goofy white guy." haha. I love it. And that story of the deaf/mute girl is cr-azy!! He is so so good! Keep doing your Father's work. Love and miss you Hughsef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible. absolutely. your life is gonna get even more crazy awesome, im sure of it. keep it up bro. my momma says you are a brave kid and she misses you too.

    ReplyDelete