Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Enjoying Thus Far


Namasthey! I hope that you all are doing well...before I tell you one of the most amazing stories, I simply want you to know that I love you and miss you all..anyways...

Ok, so last time I was in India, I was told of this one girl that was participating in nearby sunday schools to where I was spending most of my time. This girl enjoyed the sunday school sessions, but her family had decided not to let her attend anymore. Also, this girl was deaf and mute. She has been since she was born. Her family decided to make a "deal" with the people I was working with, and they said, "If she can speak and hear within one year, we will let her go back to sunday school..." So, out of faithfulness and trust, our fellow brothers and sister began p-aying. By the time I had to leave that summer, she was able to make some noises, but still could do neither.

And, that was the last I had heard...up until last week. I saw one brother where I was living, and he knew this girl. I had asked him what had happened to her, and to be completely honest, I was afraid that he could say she still can do neither...I have never been so glad to be proved wrong. This little girl is able to speak and hear!!! Is that not amazing!! Our loving Creator is goood...I just thought you would want to hear about the power of our Father.

Also, the picture you see is of me, obviously, and some kids from a school. These are the most beautiful children in the world. It is amazing to see them being educated and empowered.

I hope that all is well, and again much love...

2 comments:

  1. Hughie!!!!!!
    That is such an amazing story and one needed to be heard. I so long to be in a place like you are. A place where you encounter the power of the Father on a daily bases and are surrounded by people who have remarkable faith. Please continue sharing these stories. People need to hear them. It's so easy to think that these things only happen in other countries, but reality is our Father is the same through out time and around the world. He is the same and that powerful. LOVE IT! VAYA CON DIOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is absolutely amazing! He is so powerful over everything. You are being blessed with that story, and so am I. :-)

    ReplyDelete