
Well hello again...I apologize for the lateness of this blog, I have just been so crazy busy lately that I have not had time to post one. So, I have been sitting at my computer for a while thinking, "What am I going to say to everyone?" And this is how far I have gotten: I still have no idea haha. So, I will just put down some thoughts as I go. First let me tell you about the picture. In the picture you see one kid on my shoulders, and another standing beside me. The kid on my shoulders is Sham, and the older one is Bheema. They are both awesome. When I first came to Pipe Village, I was told that Sham is my project. He was considered to be the problem child of the village. I know what you are thinking...that cute lovely child, how can he be causing problems? Well, I am going to spare you the details, but let's just say adults hated this kid cause he was so mean to their kids. So, we started off slow with him. I would try to get him to color and he would throw the crayons, or just punch other kids if they got to close. Slowly he started coloring though. I would try to get him to laugh, but he would literally just stare at me straight faced like the, "what you talking about willis look?" (Different Strokes reference..great show). But eventually after much prayer and time, the kid has changed. Now, he still has his moments, but what kid doesn't? Now, every time we hang out and play, and he laughs...a lot. I learned that people can change just by having a consistent loving touch from someone in their life. I would ask that you would continue to lift up Pipe village. G-d is working, and I am blessed to be there.
On a side note, it is supposed to hit 120 degrees in a few weeks...I am going to die I think.
However, on a more serious note, I guess I am just overwhelmed by all that is going on and I don't know what to write here. Well I have been sitting here for a couple minutes now trying to decide what to put, as I am being bit by mosquitoes. I have decided though that I don't want to write about what I have learned. I simply want to encourage you: G-d is here in India, and He is moving. But I also know this, G-d is there in LA, Fullerton, and the US. And He is moving. He is preparing His kingdom of hope, joy, rest, and unconditional love for all people, and we have the ability to help build that every day. We build that eternal kingdom in our daily relationships and situations. We do that by loving the person who pisses us off, by loving the kid who pees on babies (sham), by hanging out with that homeless guy that smells like urine and alcohol, and we do that telling people about the love our Creator has for them. I am so blessed with the privilege to be in some remote part of India building that kingdom with kids like Sham and Bheema, this is where the L-rd has me now. But He has you there for a reason. Look for your Shams and your Bheemas this next week, they are all around you, and they need their Creator's love. Let us build the Kingdom together all around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment